Adults/Corporate Tips and Tools for Group Organizers
If you are interested in booking a program at Genesee Valley, please follow these steps:
- Thoroughly review our website to gain a clear understanding of our programs
- Contact us to clarify any information
- When ready to book, call or email our office with the following information:
- Group Name
- Contact Person
- Requested program dates (at least 3; or day of week/month, etc)
- Arrival Time
- Departure Time
- Number of participants*
- Age of Participants
- Approval for trip (from principal, etc)
*Because you will be obligated to pay for either the actual participant number or the contracted number, whichever is larger, it’s a good idea to underestimate your initial number.
Once we have set a date, we’ll email contract materials. From here, please follow these steps:
- Return the signed contract and a 50% deposit or Purchase Order within 7 business days of booking.
- Arrange transportation for the day of the program.
- Secure adult chaperones (we request one adult per small group of around 10 students). Distribute chaperone expectations.
- Create and distribute permission slips to youth with a due date that is at least 1 month prior to the program date.
* We will not be collecting permission forms – this is for your school’s protection and should remain with the school.
- Share Genesee Valley information with youth so they know what to expect (important: most participants will NOT be zipping!)
- Submit a proof of liability insurance (your school office can help with this), within 2 weeks of your program.
- Speak with your school nurse and other teachers to identify any special needs or medical concerns (physical, emotional, behavioral, etc) in the group. *Return the Group Information Form within 2 weeks of your program. This sheet is crucial for our preparation and planning.
- Arrange lunch if participants are not bringing their own (most groups brown-bag it).
- Check in with us to see how many facilitators we will have available for your group (most likely 1 for every 10-11 participants), so you can pre-divide your group accordingly.
- We will do a final call or email to touch base a few days before the program to make sure you are fully prepared.
*You can inform us of updates to your numbers up to one month before the program date. If numbers drop after this deadline, you will still be required to pay for the contracted number.
**The better prepared we are for the day, the more successful the program will be. We have a number of different ways to adapt our activities and elements to accommodate students with various needs. In the past, we have successfully worked with participants that have limited mobility, no use of their arms or legs, emotional disorders, learning differences, etc. If we know about these needs ahead of time, we can prepare activities that provide similar opportunities for success for every student in the group.
Local Restaurant Information
Wally’s Country Store: 410-357-8175