Title: Program Director
Classification: Exempt (full-time, year-round position)
This is a senior management position at Genesee Valley that includes varies tasks and responsibilities. The Program Director’s primary responsibilities involve direct management of the year- round experiential education program, summer camp oversight, and staff supervision. Qualities that are crucial for this position include effective oral and written communication, good judgment, flexibility, the ability to work and solve problems collaboratively as well as individually, impeccable ethics, and confidentiality. The position reports directly to the General Manager of Genesee Valley
Job responsibilities (primary):
- Oversees the development and implementation of all experiential education programs at Genesee Valley in accordance with best practices in the challenge course industry and policies established by the General Manager.
- Serves as primary point of contact for all potential groups and tailors individual programs to fit group objectives.
- Develops and executes contracts for schools, groups, and individual participants, ensures payment of contracts, and maintains the organization’s database of groups and participants.
- Coordinates all human resources activities for facilitation staff, to include: recruitment, hiring, background checks, scheduling, and performance evaluations. Works directly along-side the Challenge Course Manager to plan, coordinate, and oversees facilitator staff training.
- In collaboration with others, recruits schools and organizations to participate in Genesee Valley programs and develops effective marketing and communication strategies to promote these programs.
- In collaboration with others, build relationships with other organizations, schools, and businesses to spread Genesee Valley’s mission and build upon its positive reputation.
- Works closely with the Summer Camp Director to assists as needed with camp staff recruitment, hiring, and training. Assists Summer Camp Director as needed with planning, preparation, and daily operations of summer camp
- Prepare annual and seasonal budgets for Genesee Valley programs; approves/authorizes all associated expenditures for payment by the business manager.
- Identifies sources of funding and collaborates with other administrative staff in preparation of grant applications.
- Engages in professional development to stay current on best practices for the management of challenge course experiential education facilities. Plans, prepares, and helps conduct professional development for staff.
- Reviews, revises, and sustains program safety policies and procedures alongside the Challenge Course Manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
This Employment Agreement is subject to the laws of the State of Maryland and to the policies and procedures established by the Board of Directors of GVOLC.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education
- Two years of full-time Challenge Course facilitation experience
- Two years of progressively responsible full-time supervisory experience at a facility similar to Genesee Valley
- Three years of progressively responsible full-time supervisory experience at a facility similar to Genesee Valley
- Current certification in CPR/First Aid
- Recent participation in professional experiential and outdoor education organizations
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and 3 references to Jane LaMonica at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted through November 10, 2017. Estimated start date for this position is December 1, 2017.